Skip navigation links

For general info on studying at the University of Florence please check our handbook. The English section is at the back.

There are two different types of foreign students, depending on their country of residence:

  • EU and EU-levelled students
  • non-EU students living abroad

The main difference between EU/EU-levelled students and non-EU ones living abroad concerns the need for pre-enrolment with entry visa procedures clearance that non-EU students must follow.

Moreover, EU and EU-levelled future students are not required to sit for the Italian language test and should enrol at the Student Administration Office ( Segreteria Studenti) of the School of choice, whereas non-EU students enrol via the International Desk.

Main deadlines of the various matriculation and enrolment procedures for the new academic year 2018-2019.

All students enrolling in programmes with unrestricted access (no set quota) need to take the self-evaluation test ( prova di verifica) before sitting for any exam. More information on self-evaluation and on admission tests and their calendars (Italian site).

Students enrolling in set quota programmes need to take an admission test ( prova di ammissione).

At the time of enrolment students must pay the first instalment of fees and charges. For detailed information please refer to the Manifesto degli Studi (in Italian), the official source of all relevant information about studying at the University of Florence.


For more info consult the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation:

last update: 17-July-2018