Su appuntamento (e.mail: email@example.com)
- PhD in Forest Economics, Planning and Wood Sciences, University of Florence, Italy (2012).
- Master Degree in Forest Systems Management. Grade: 110/110 cum laude. University of Florence, Italy (2007).
- Bachelor Degree in Forest and Environmental Sciences. Grade: 110/110 cum laude. University of Florence, Italy (2005).
- 1 October 2017 – 30 September 2020: researcher (typology B, Law 240/2010 art.24 c.3), Department of Agriculture, Food, Environment and Forestry, University of Florence. Main research topics: forest and environmental economics, urban and forest ecosystem services.
- 1 September 2015 – 30 September 2017: researcher (typology A, Law 240/2010 art.24 c.3), Department of Agriculture, Food, Environment and Forestry, University of Florence. Main research topics: forest and environmental economics, urban and forest ecosystem services, climate change impact assessment, renewable energies.
Other past scientific activities:
- contract researcher, European Research Academy (EURAC), Bolzano. Main research topics: economic analysis related to renewable energy potential in the Alps.
- research fellow, Department of Agriculture, Food and Forest Systems, University of Florence. Main research topics: climate change and economic crisis’ impact assessment for wine sector in central Italy.
- contract researcher, Department of Civil, Environmental and Mechanical Engineering, University of Trento. Main research topics: scenario analysis for biomass energy chain in the province of Trento.
- grant holder, Centre for the Strategic Development of the Italian Wine Sector, University of Florence. Main research topics: analysis of rural policy with focus on quality of agricultural products in central Italy.
- grant holder, Agricultural Research Council – Forest Monitoring and Planning Unit (Trento). Main research topics: socio-economics and environmental analysis of wood-energy chain in the province of Trento.
- contract researcher, Department of Agriculture and Forest Economics, Engineering, Sciences and Technologies, University of Florence. Main research topics: data processing and implementation of GIS-based cluster analysis for the definition of agro-energy districts.
- contract researcher, Department of Land and Environmental Resources Economics, University of Florence. Main research topics: analysis of Pure Vegetable Oil chain in southern-European Countries.
- contract researcher, Italian Academy of Forest Sciences (Florence). Main research topics: economic analysis of sustainable management of Tuscany Black pine and Turkey oak forests.
- contract researcher, Department of Energy, University of Florence. Main research topics: analysis of bioenergy chain and district heating in Tuscany.
PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR OR RESPONSIBILITY OF RESEARCH UNITS
- 1 September 2020 – February 2022. Ministry of Agricultural, Food and Forestry Policies (Italy). Project “Sistema di Supporto alle Decisioni per il miglioramento della performance della filiera foresta-legno in una prospettiva di bioeconomia circolare (FOR.CIRCULAR)” [Decision Support System for the improvement of forest chain in a circular bioeconomy perspective]. Responsible of Research Unit.
- 4 May 2020 – 3 May 2021. Apulia region (Italy). Project “Modelli per la valorizzazione economica e storico-culturale dei prodotti forestali non legnosi della Puglia” [Economic and cultural-historic valorisation of Non Wood Forest Products in Apulia]. Principal investigator.
- University of Florence – Research funds 2019. Project “Analisi e pianificazione delle funzionalità turistico-ricreative dei sistemi forestali con approcci di Big Data analysis e neuro-decision making” [Touristic-recreational planning of forest with Big Data analysis and neuro-decision making”]. Principal investigator.
- 1 October 2018 – 30 September 2020. Foundation “Cassa di Risparmio di Firenze”. Project “Pianificazione strategica di impresa per la valorizzazione sostenibile delle filiere e dei servizi ecosistemici forestali” [Strategic planning for sustainable valorisation of forest chain and ecosystem services]. Principal investigator.
- University of Florence – Research funds 2018. Principal Investigator for the project “Quantificazione e valutazione del trade-off dei Servizi Ecosistemici Forestali” [Trade-off quantification and valuation of forest ecosystem services]. Principal investigator.
University of Florence – Research funds 2017. Principal Investigator for the project “Strumenti economici di gestione del rischio per il settore forestale nazionale (GERIFO)” [Economic instrument for risk management in national forest sector]. Principal investigator.
OTHER PARTICIPATIONS OR COLLABORATION IN RESEARCH PROJECTS
- EU Alpine Space: project “Recharge.green - Reconciling Renewable Energy Production and Nature in the Alps”.
- Cost Action FP1001: project “USEWOOD - Improving Data and Information on the Potential Supply of Wood Resources: A European Approach from Multisource National Forest Inventories”.
- LIFE06 ENV/IT/257: project “VOICE – Vegetable Oil Initiative for a Cleaner Environment”.
- INTERREG IVC: project “BIOENAREA - Improve regional policies for bio-energy and territorial development”.
- Italy/France International cooperation programme Marittimo 2007-2013: project “BIOMASS - Policy and instruments for biomass valorisation as renewable energy”.
- Research Project of National Interest (PRIN) 2007: project “Sustainable agro-forestry energy districts”.
- Research Project of National Interest (PRIN) 2004: project “The role of wine sector on sustainable development processes”.
- Ministry of Agricultural, Food and Forestry Policies (Italy): project “Agro-energy districts: analysis of agroenergy potential in Tuscany”.
- Tuscany Region: project “A.L.T.A. MONTAGNA PISTOIESE”.
- Italian Academy of Forest Sciences: project “MOGFUS – New methodology for the sustainable management of Black pine high forests and Turkey oak coppices in Tuscany”.
- Foundation “Cassa di Risparmio di Firenze”: project “Climate change and wine sector in Tuscany: future scenario and mid- and long-term adaptation strategies”.
- Tuscany Region: project “Scenario analysis of rural policy and wine sector in Tuscany”.
- Tuscany Region: project “CLARINO – Analysis of climate change impact on agro-forestry system in Tuscany”.
- Regional Agency for Development and Innovation in Agriculture (ARSIA): project “VADOBAP – Evaluation of biomass demand (wood-chip) in Pistoia Apennine”.
- Foundation “Cassa di Risparmio di Trento e Rovereto”: project “BIOMASFOR - Potentiality, technological energetic innovations and sustainability of the forest biomasses in Trentino”.
- Member of the scientific committee for the “International Conference on Biomass – 2014”, Florence, 4-7 May 2014.
- Member of the scientific board for peer-reviewed journal “Dendronatura” (since January 2013).
Journal of Environmental Management (Elsevier), Forest Policy and Economics (Elsevier), Canadian Journal of Forest Research (NRC Research Press), Natural Resorces Research (Springer), Renewable and Sustainable Energy Review (Elsevier), Journal of Cleaner Production (Elsevier), Ecosystem services (Elsevier), Land Use Policy (Elsevier), Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy (American Institute of Physics), Journal of Forest Economics (Elsevier), Environmental Monitoring and Assessment (Springer), Wine Economics and Policy (Elsevier), Scandinavian Journal of Forest Research (Taylor and Francis), Geomatics, Natural Hazards and Risk (Taylor & Francis), Geoinformatics and Geostatistics: An Overview (SciTechnol), Forests (MDPI), International Journal of Geo-Information (MDPI), Animals (MDPI) , Chemical Engineering Transactions (Italian Association of Chemical Engineering), Aestimum (Firenze University Press), Sherwood – foreste ed alberi oggi (Compagnia delle Foreste), L’Italia forestale e Montana (National Academy of Forest Sciences).
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES / INVITED SPEAKER
- Speaker at 14 international conferences.
- Invited speaker for the workshop “Biomasfor - Potenzialità, innovazioni tecnologiche ed energetiche per l’uso sostenibile delle biomasse forestali trentine”, San Michele all’Adige (TN), 28 Novembre 2012.
BIBLIOMETRIC INDICATORS (Scopus databases)
TEACHING EXPERIENCE (University of Florence)
- Principi di Estimo Forestale [Fundamental of Forest Appraisal]. 6ECTS. 2015/2016.
- Economia Forestale [Forest Economics]. 2ECTS. 2015/2016.
- Geostatistica e Valutazioni Territoriali [Geostatistics and Territorial Valuation]. 9ECTS. 2013/2014.
- Sistemi Informativi Geografici per la Pianificazione Territoriale [Geographic Information Systems for Territorial Planning]. 9ECTS. 2016 to date.
- Politica e Valutazione delle Risorse Naturali [Policy and Natural Resources Valuation]. 3ECTS. 2018 to date.
Supervisor for seven Master students (+4 ongoing) and co-supervisor for seven bachelor/Master students (+1 ongoing).
HONOURS AND PRIZES
- 2020: recognition of Corresponding Academic title from Italian Academy of Forest Sciences.
- 2018: National Scientific Qualification awarded for the Full Professor position; area 7/A1 Agriculture Economics and Appraisal (26/09/2018 - 26/09/2024).
- 2017: funding for basic research activities (FFABR) – MIUR (Ministry of Education, University and Research).
- 2017: special mention for the paper “Strategie di adattamento al cambiamento climatico per il settore vitivinicolo: un’applicazione della Teoria del Prospetto Cumulativo”, XLVI CeSET conference “Valutazione degli impatti dei cambiamenti climatici e delle strategie di mitigazione e adattamento: aspetti giuridici, economici ed estimativi”, Catania (Italy) 23-24 November 2017.
- 2016: winner of the Best Paper Award granted for paper and presentation at 11th Conference on Sustainable Development of Energy, Water and Environment Systems – SDEWES, Lisbon; paper title: “Agricultural resilience to climate change impact: a nonlinear optimization model for depiction of best adaptation strategies in the wine sector”.
- Member of Società Italiana di Economia Agraria (SIDEA)
- Member of Centro Studi di Estimo e di Economia Territoriale (CESET)
INNOVATION AND TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER
- Interview by National Agency of Associated Press (ANSA). Title: “Immergersi in un bosco, anche solo virtuale, riduce lo stress”, 27/5/2019.
- Organisation of workshop “Idee, tecnologie e modelli innovativi per la valorizzazione delle filiere e dei servizi ecosistemici forestali”, Rufina (Florence - Italy), 28/1/2020.
- Co-author of the module r.green for softwares GRASS and QGIS (topic: decision support system in renewable energies planning).
- Co-author of the software MOGFUS (topic: economic valuation for management of old coppices and high forest of Tuscany - Italy).
- Since 1 November 2018: secretary, member of the teaching committee and member of the steering committee for the Master Degree Course in Forest Systems Sciences and Technology, University of Florence.
- Since 17 November 2020: delegate for didactic orientation for the Master Degree Course in Fauna and Environmental Sciences and Management, University of Florence.
The main research interests are focused on forest economics and appraisal, environmental non-market valuation, spatial analysis.
Currently, research focuses on:
- Assessment of provisioning, regulating and cultural forest ecosystem services; economic instruments for risk management in forest.
Additional research areas:
- socio-economic and environmental assessment of renewable energies and bioenergy chain; climate change impact assessment on rural sector; urban ecosystem services.