Su appuntamento (tel. 055 2751435, email email@example.com).
Associate Professor of Mathematical Physics (s.s.d. MAT/07),
Dipartimento di Matematica e Informatica "U. Dini", Università di Firenze.
- 1995-1998: PhD in Mathematics (under the supervision of Prof. A. Belleni-Morante).
- 1998-1999: post-doc research grant from Università di Firenze.
- 1999-2014: Universitary Researcher.
- 2014-today: Associate Professor.
- Abilitazione scientifica nazionale di prima fascia Section 01-A4 - Mathematical Physics [Qualification for Full Professor position in italian universities]
- Department of Mathematics, Strathclyde University (Glasgow, Scotland).
- Laboratoire MIP - Univ. Paul Sabatier (Toulouse, France).
- Gregorio Millan Institute, Universidad Carlos III (Madrid, Spain).
- IRMAR - Universite de Rennes 1 (Rennes, France).
- Laboratoire CMI/LATP Universite de Provence (Marseille, France).
- Institute of Theoretical and Computational Physics, TU Graz (Graz, Austria).
MAIN RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Classical, quantum and stochastic transport theory.
- Quantum fluid dynamics.
- Quantum boundary layers
- Nonlinear Schrödinger equation.
- Semigroup theory and evolution equations.
- Charge and spin transport in graphene and in semiconductors
- Signal propagation in optical fibers.
AUTHORED SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
- 58 research papers on journals of international relevance.
- 7 research papers in conference proceedings
- 1 conference synopsis
- 5 book chapters
- 1 book (as Editor)
CONFERENCES AND SCHOOLS
- 40 communications (22 invited, 1 plenary) at national and international conferences.
- Main lecturer in 4 different international schools
- "Classical and quantum kinetic models and their hydrodynamic limits: theoretical and applied aspects", Italian -French "Galileo" Project 2018 (Ref. G18_296)
- "MANUS - Modelling and Numerics for Spintronics and Graphene", Italian-French "PICS" project 2016 (Ref. PICS07373).
- "NOSTRUM - Nonlinear Spectrum Modulation", Ente C.R. Firenze Project 2015 (Ref. 2015.0906).
- "Classical, quantum and stochastic problems of propagation and transport", Progetto di ricerca di Ateneo 2015.
- "Mathematical problems of propagation, transport and stability in technology applications", Progetto di ricerca di Ateneo 2014.
- "Problems of mathematical physics in information technologies", Progetto di ricerca di Ateneo 2013.
- "Quantum fluid dynamics of systems of identical particles: analytic and numerical study", GNFM-INdAM, 2013.
- "Mathematical models for microelectronics", GNFM-INdAM, 2004.
- "Problems of mathematical physics in quantum transport theory", GNFM-INdAM, 2002.
- "Mathematical models of semiconductor devices", GNFM-INdAM, 2001.
DIRECTION OF PHD AND POST-DOC RESEARCH
- Research grant (Assegno di ricerca) "Communications techniques on nonlinear, dispersive optical fibers through the eigenvalues associated to the nonlinear Schrödinger equation", Laura Prati (2016-2017).
- PhD thesis "Correspondence between classical and quantum mechanics in phase-space", Elisa Giovannini (ongoing).
- PhD thesis "Quantum fluid models for electron transport in graphene", Nicola Zamponi (2013).
- PhD thesis "A study of nonlinear Schroedinger equation for optical fibers", Domenico Felice (2012).
- PhD thesis "Constrained quantum motion of a particle in a plane", Giacomo Ricco (2008).
- PhD thesis "Semigroups in Fréchet spaces: real representation theorems and existence results by Gaussian estimates", Tiziano Granucci (2006).
ORGANIZATION OF CONFERENCES AND SCHOOLS
- Conference "Kinetic and transport equations: mathematical advances and applications", Parma, 2018
- Workshop "Nonlinear Fourier Transform in Optical Communications", Firenze, 2018
- Workshop "Mathematical Models for Quantum and Classical Mechanics", Firenze, 2016.
- Conference "ICTT24: International Conference on Transport Theory", Taormina 2015.
- Conference "Mathematical models for microelectronics", Firenze, 2012.
- Conference/school "Summer school on Methods and Models of Kinetic Theory", Porto Ercole, editions 2002, 2004, 2006, 2018.
- Conference "NANOQ 2006: Recent advances in the mathematical modeling and numerical simulation of nanoscale quantum semiconductor devices", Milano, 2006
- Conference/school "Mathematical Methods in Quantum Mechanics", Bressanone, editions 2007, 2009, 2011.
- Workshop "Semiconductor modeling day - SeMoDay 2001", Firenze, 2001
EDITOR AND REVIEWER ACTIVITIES
- Associate Editor of Applied Mathematics and Computation (since 2016)
- Associate editor of Journal of Computational and Theoretical Transport (2015 - 2017).
- Reviewer for the following Journals: Acta Applicandae Mathematicae; Bollettino del l’Unione Matematica Italiana; Communications in Mathematical Sciences; Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation; Entropy; European Physical Journal D; Europhysics Letters; Il Nuovo Cimento; Journal of Computational and Theoretical Transport; Journal of Computational Physics; Journal of Physics A, Journal of Physics D; Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer; Journal of Statistical Physics, Kinetic and Related Models; Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences; Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences; Nature Communications; Photonics; Physics Letters A; Rivista Matematica dell'Università di Parma.
- Reviewer for several national and international funding Institutions.
MAIN INSTITUTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Member of Consiglio della Scuola di Scienze Matematiche, Fisiche e Naturali (Faculty of Sciences)
- Responsible of OFA (Obblighi Formativi Aggiuntivi - additional grade debits) of the Faculty.
- Responsible for the disabled students of the Faculty.
- Member of Collegio dei docenti (College of teachers) of the PhD School in Mathematics.
- Member of Giunta (restricted committee) of the Department.
- Member of Commissione didattica (committee for teaching activities) of the Department.