Jaakko M, Robert P(1995) Bioelectromagnetism - Principles and
Applications of Bioelectric and Biomagnetic Fields, Oxford University
Press, New York.
The course introduces the students to comprehension of the eletromagnetic field involved in the biomedical field, to the interaction between the electromagnetic field and biological tissues, as a mechanism which is at the basis of various bioengineeristic applications.
Type of Assessment
Oral examination on:
* Mechanisms of biological interaction of electromagnetic fields
* Peculiarity of the propagation of the electromagnetic signal in the human body
* Principles of operation of biomedical equipment studied in the course
Short recall of the course of Electromagnetic Fields
- Biological interaction of electromagnetic fields:
electromagnetic characterization of biological material, propagation in biological tissues, average power absorbed by tissues, biological effects of electromagnetic fields and biological sources of electromagnetic fields.
- Clinical and Diagnostic Applications of Electromagnetic Fields: Magnetic Resonance, Dielectrophoresis