Longo C. Didattica della Biologia. Ledizioni 2014
Padoa-Schioppa E. Metodi e strumenti per l'insegnamento e l'apprendimento della biologia. EDISES, 2014
Acquiring proficiency to project modules and units for Biology classes in secondary Schools.
At least knowledges corresponding to 6 CFU in Biology.
Lectures, seminars, laboratory experiences.
Attending lectures either in the classroom or via internet is strongly advisable. Students who can not attend classes should contact the course Coordinator (Prof. Mariotti).
Type of Assessment
Two Oral tests:
- preparation of a teaching unit on a topic discussed during the course, subject to lecturers agreement
- presentation of a frontal lecture/seminar on a current Biology topic, to be agreed on with the lecturers
- Analysis of knowledges and competences to be acquired in Natural Science and in Biology by pupils during secondary schools according to guidelines by the Italian Ministry for Education.
- Teaching Biology by modules; prerequisites and links between subjects.
- Lexical competence in Biology
- Contextualize Biology discoveries and developments in their time
- Teaching biology by direct experience; field sampling, biology laboratory, data collecting and elaboration, searching databases.
- Biology for citizenship
- Biology textbooks for secondary schools.
- Projecting teaching modules or units for biology classes (e.g. the cell; monocellular organisms, pluricellular organisms; cell metabolism; cell cycles; life cycles; reproduction; biological evolution; biodiversity and classifications; mankind and environment; human evolution; genetics).