The bibliography will be illustrated during the course.
- knowledge of the main interpretations (history of historiography)
- skill in recognize the main historical and historiographical issues, and the use of sources
- to encorauge critical reflection on the relationship between past and present, and the role of the Contemporary history
Knowledge of history of 18th, 19th and 20th centuries
I section: frontal lessons (also by experts).
II section: discussion on specific issues by the students
Mandatory inscription at the beginning of the course. Mandatory frequente.
Use of the Course e-learning platform Moodle as repository for documents, sources, bibliography
Type of Assessment
The examination consists in a oral discussion during the course, and a written report about t (to be delivered almost one week before the exam: maximum 20.000 characters, all included)
The final oral examination consisti of 3 parts:
1) discussion about wtritten report
2) a question to verify the understanding of the main arguments proposed in the course
3) a question to verify the understanding of the material available on the Moodle platform (illustrated during the course)
The final evaluation consists of all the assessments obtained in parts a), b) and c).
All students have to to demonstrate a sufficient level of preparation in all three parts to pass the test.
The exam aims to verify:
- the comprehension of the main historical interpretations
- the comprehension of the main categories used to describe them - the skill to distinguish and to use the different types of sources
- the skill to establish relevant connections between events
- the skill to adopt the terminology of the discipline (in the oral and written report)
Themes, issues and sources in Contemporay history.
The course will discuss some methodological approach and some kinds of sources in the study of Contempraary age. Focus on: libraries and archives; contemporaary history reviews; serial sources, travel literature, autobiography, enrivomental history, sport history