Human Resources Strategy for Research - Excellence in Research
The "HR Strategy for Researchers" is a mechanism to support the implementation of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (C&C).
This is a set of general principles adopted by the European Commission in March 2005 with the aim to achieve for an excellent human resources management and to make research careers more attractive in order to enhance the development of a dynamic European research community and an open labour market for researchers.
Interested organizations, on a voluntary basis, may adhere to the C&C principles and to the HRS4R by signing a declaration of commitment and following a 5-step process:
- The participating institution carries out an internal Gap Analysis, evaluating the level of compliance of the internal policies and practices with the principles set forth in the C&C.
- On the basis of the results of this analysis, the participating institution develops its own Action Plan to ensure and/or improve alignment with the Charter & Code principles.
- The Analysis and Action Plan are then reviewed and approved by the European Commission. Acknowledged institutions can use the "HR Excellence in Research" logo to promote themselves as providers of stimulating and favourable working environments.
- The participating institution commits itself to an Internal Self-Evaluation after two years.
- The participating institution commits itself to an External Review four years after being awarded the logo.
In March 2014 Unifi signed a Declaration of Commitment letter for the implementation of a human resources strategy for researchers incorporating the European charter for researchers and a code of conduct for their recruitment (C&C).
Following this action Unifi launched an Online Survey amongst all its researchers to get an insight whether and to what extent the principles contained in the C&C were actually endorsed by Unifi’s policies and practices.
Following the outcome of the survey Unifi has carried out its internal Gap Analysis, evaluating the level of compliance of the internal policies and practices with the principles set forth in the C&C, and its Action Plan to ensure and/or improve alignment with the C&C principles.
In recognition of Unifi commitment to continuously improve its human resources policies in line with the European C&C Principles and to achieve fair and transparent recruitment and appraisal procedures, the European Commission on 12th December 2018 has granted Unifi with the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ award.
- Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R)
- HRS4R Acknowledged Institutions
- European Charter for Researchers
- Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers
- Euraxess Italy