1. Pietro Gabriele, Elena Giacone, Salvatore Mancò, "Dispense del corso di Gestione dei Sistemi Energetici", Politeko Edizioni (www.Politeko.it), 2008.
2. Flavio Beretta, Filippo De Carlo, Vito Introna, Daniele Saccardi; "Progettare e gestire l'efficienza energetica", McGrawHill, ISBN: 9788838667718, Pagine: 464, Pubblicazione: febbraio 2012.
3. Barney L. Capehart, Wayne C. Turner, William J. Kennedy; "Guide to Energy Management" FairMont Press ISBN 0-88173-425-X (ma non sono sicuro)
4. Steve Doty, Wayne C. Turner; "Energy Management Handbook", The Fairmont Press, Inc., 2009
5. Amlan Chakrabarti; "Energy Engineering and Management", PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd., 2011
6. Leslie C. Wilbur; "Handbook of Energy Systems Engineering" editor Wiley Interscience ISBN 0 471 86633 4
7. By Thomas E. Mull; "Practical Guide to Energy Management for Facilities Engineers and Plant Managers". ASME 2001 - ISBN-13: 978-0791801581
8. Albert Thumann; "Plant Engineers and Managers Guide to Energy Conservation" - Fairmont Press; 8th edition (August 2001) ISBN 978
Analysis of the main Energetic plants used into factory.
Energy Manager into factory able to design the main energy components, to monitor the energy consumption.
In-depth knowledge in the field of energy and electricity.
Tools for modeling energy/mechanical/propulsion systems and their role in supporting the analysis and design of systems and components. Understanding the organization of information in databases and computer design to support processes
In-depth study of applied thermodynamics, thermoeconomics, environmental sustainability of plants, machinery, components and systems for the production and conversion of energy. Methodologies for the identification of thermodynamic and economic inefficiencies of energy systems and components. Environmental and economic sustainability.
Ability of designing, analyze, plan and manage energy conversion systems and their environmental impact, as well as complex and/or innovative service and process systems.
Identify, formulate and solve industrial engineering problems, with special focus to energy issues.
Knowledges of phisics, thermodynamic and energy systems
• First and second thermodynamic laws
• gas properties (specific heat, ideal gas)
• steam/water properties
• thermodynamic diagrams: T-s, h-s.
• air humidity
• Units of measurement
• Energy balance
• Gas Turbine Combined Cycle (CCGT)
lession in the class.
Tour in a factory
Type of Assessment
During the course, some seminars will be done and students should attend them. At the exam, no question about seminars will be done, but the student presence will influence the final mark.
The goal of exam is verified the knowledge and competence using:
• Presentation of a short thesis (essay)
• oral exam
The short-thesis is about industry energy application. The essay will be done individually or in couple. 3 CFU each student is requested for short-thesis elaboration.
The ORAL EXAM consists in a technical conversation with the teacher (professor). Generally, two questions are done about the course program.
The final mark is mainly determined by oral exam, but it is influenced by short-thesis and seminar presence.
Use of energy. National and international energetic problem.
Pumps. Characteristic curve. Cavitation
Steam generating equipment. Boilers. Steam distribution to industrial processes.
Heat Exchanger. Condenser. Evaporative tower.
Heat recovery steam generator (HRSG) one pressure level. Optimization of Pressure. Performance in Part load and off-design condition. Two and three pressure level.
Diatermic oil plant.
ORC: Organic Rankine Cycle
Refrigeration cycles. Compressor and absorption cycle
Energy Intensive Industry Energy economics. Maintenance. Optimization of energy use in industrial processes (Paper, glass, brick industries, tanneries, cement,..
Cogeneration and its application
Monitoring energy systems. Management of energy systems. Energy auditing in industrial plants. Energy economics. Maintenance.
Electric and Gas National Market.