Insegnamento mutuato da: B010498 - ELABORAZIONE E PROTEZIONE DELLE IMMAGINI Corso di Laurea Magistrale in INGEGNERIA DELLE TELECOMUNICAZIONI Curricula RETI E TECNOLOGIE INTERNET
Italian, but slides are in english
The program includes the following topics:
* Image acquisition and representation
* Spatial Domain Processing
* Numerical transforms
* JPEG and MPEG Compression Standards
* Image forensic techniques
* Cryptography and image encryption
In addition to the slides, the following books are suggested:
* R. Gonzalez, R. Woods, "Digital Image Processing", Prentice Hall.
* R. Gonzalez, R. Woods, S. Eddins , "Digital Image Processing Using
MATLAB", Prentice Hall, 2004
* W. Stallings, Crittografia e Sicurezza delle Reti, Mc Graw Hill
The main aim of this course is to give the basic knowledge about the
main image processing techniques and about the main methods available
to grant the security requirements like image authentication and image
With such a knowledge, the student will have:
* The ability to analyze and characterize digital images, both in the time domain and in the frequency domain.
* The ability to interpret the effects of main spatial and frequency operators for image processing.
* The ability to implement simple - both active and passive - systems for authenticating and protecting digital images.
The course is structured in sets of taught classes and practices in
Moreover, some seminars on specific topics will be organized.
The exam consists of a practical exercise in lab, if not taken during the course, and an oral examination, where the student is asked to
answer to some questions on the topics included in the coursework.
As an option, the oral exam can be replaced by a practical activity, subject to availability.
In the following the topics studied in the course are listed.
* What is Digital Image Processing
* Digital Image Fundamentals
Intensity Transformations and Spatial Filtering
* Basic Spatial Domain Processing
* Point Processing
* Histogram processing
* Spatial Enhancement Methods
* Fourier Transform
* Discrete Fourier Transform and its properties
* Interpolation in image processing
* Filtering in the Frequency Domain
* Discrete Cosine Transform
Compression standards: JPEG and MPEG
* Redundancies in visual data
* Some basic compression methods
* JPEG Compression Standard
* MPEG compression
* Authentication of multimedia contents
* Image Forensics
* Digital Camera Model
* Acquisition based Image Forensics
* Coding based Image Forensics
* Editing based Image Forensics