Insegnamento mutuato da: B027067 - RETI E TECNOLOGIE PER SISTEMI INTELLIGENTI Corso di Laurea Magistrale in INGEGNERIA DELLE TELECOMUNICAZIONI Curricula RETI E TECNOLOGIE INTERNET
- Overview of paradigms of Internet of Things, Cloud Computing, 5G and related traffic management requirements
- cloud computing
- Internet of Things
- Network programmability: Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization
Foundations of Modern Networking, William Stallings, Pearson
The course of the objectives of providing students with foundation elements for the effective understanding and use of advanced networking and computing architecture, based on virtualization, orchestration and Internet of Things technologies. The course content will cover the following main topics: cloud computing, Internet of Things, network programmability through software defined networking (SDN) e and Network Function Virtualization (NFV).
The course has the objective of training professionals able to effectively master knowledge on networking technologies with IT technologies and architecture and business elements.
Fundamentals of programming, networking and protocols
Class lectures and seminars on specific topics.
Type of Assessment
Oral exam, optionally with the development and presentation of a project, with specific questions in order to verify: the acquisition of knowledge on technologies and model for network programmability and advanced networking architectures, as included in the course program; skills for analysing and evaluation of the application of above mentioned models and technologies; ability to apply the acquired knowledge (through the project and/or questions on the software presented during the course lectures)
- Overview on the paradigms of Things, Cloud Computing, 5G
- Analysis of traffic management requirements and limitation of current network architecture
- Cloud Computing: main principles, cloud services model (Software as a Service, Platfrma as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service), deployment models, cloud reference architecture.
- Internet of Things: reference architecture and principal components
- Software defined networking: limitations of existing network technologies and SDN principles and SDN main principles; SDN data plane and OpenFlow protocol; SDN Control Plane (SDN Controller reference architecture, analysis of state of the art controllers, REST APIs, centralized and distributed control plane); SDN Application Plane and main SDN applications (traffic engineering, monitoraggio, data center networking)
- Network Function Virtualization: main concepts, NFV Management and Orchestration, usage of SDN in an NFV environment
- Advanced scenarios: Mobile Edge Computing and reti 5G e Fog Computing
Depending on students' feedback, seminars will be provided showing the use of SDN controllers (OpenDayLight/ONOS) and cloud management system (e.g. OpenStack)