Insegnamento mutuato da: B027692 - DIRITTO AMMINISTRATIVO (CASI E MATERIALI) Corso di Laurea Magistrale Ciclo Unico 5 anni in GIURISPRUDENZA
Contenuto del corso
This course analyzes the origins, the development and the recent consolidation of the European Union administrative law system. Frontal lectures will be alternated with the discussion of cases and materials previously provided by the teacher
For the students who attend the lessons, the examination will be based on the topics illustrated in class during the course.
Non-attending students are required to study the following chapters:
1. De Lucia, B. Marchetti, L'amministrazione europea e le sue regole, Bologna, Il Mulino, 2015, Chapp. I (Le competenze dell'amministrazione europea), II (L'organizzazione amministrativa dell'Unione europea), III (Tipologie di atti dell'amministrazione europea), VI (Amministrazioni nazionali ed esecuzione del diritto europeo), VIII (Il sistema integrato di tutela, IX (I caratteri del diritto amministrativo europeo), X (L'europeizzazione del diritto amministrativo italiano), XII (Sfide sostanziali e procedurali del diritto amministrativo europeo)
and the following judgments:
- Court of Justice, 5 febbraio 1963, C- 26/62, Van Gend en Loos
- Court of Justice, 22 giugno 1989, C-103/88, Fratelli Costanzo
- Court of Justice, 16 dicembre 2008, C524/06, Huber
- Court of Justice, 2 marzo 2010, C-135/08, Rottman
- Court of Justice, 3 dicembre 1992, C-97/91, Oleificio Borelli
- Court of Justice, 21 novembre 1991, C-269/90, Tum
- Court of Justice, 9 novembre 1995, T-346/94, France aviation
- Court of Justice, 25 luglio 2002, C-50/00, Upa
The course aims to offer a critical knowledge of European administrative law, encouraging the comprehension of the innovative character of this branch of law and of its impact on the development of Italian administrative law. The case-law approach (based on class discussion of judgments and normative materials) pursues the objective to stimulate the autonomous legal reasoning capacity of the students, which can be useful also at the time they will enter the professional world.
Frontal lessons and classroom discussions of judgments on specific issues of European administrative law
The attendance will be determined by nominal call in the class. Students who attend at least 2/3 of the lessons qualify as "attending students".
Modalità di verifica apprendimento
The examination will take place in oral form.
For attending students, the oral exam consists of questions of legal reasoning, aimed at verifying the student's attitude to analyze and discuss problems of European administrative law. The outcome of the examination is considered:
a) insufficient if the student does not answer or responds with a merely notional approach, without any attempt to develop an autonomous legal reasoning;
b) sufficient, if there is an embryonic attempt to develop critical reasoning about the pronunciation;
c) excellent, if the student articulates his own reflections.
For non attending students, the oral exam consists of three questions: two questions drawn from the textbook and the third one on the judgments mentioned above.
In the evaluation, the clarity of the presentation and the correct use of the technical language assume an important role.
Programma del corso
The course deals with European administrative law and its impact on national law. Specifically, the aspects treated are the following ones:
the principle of legality; the conflict of national rules with European law; the free movement of people/workers; the principle of proportionality; the principle of non-discrimination; the European notion of public administration; the principle of transparency and the right of access to the administrative documents; the executive function in European administrative law; the procedural guarantees in European proceedings; the motivation of the European administrative measures; the composite proceedings; the judicial protection against the acts of the European institutions.