Frequency of lectures, practice and lab:
not mandatory but recommended
- Lecture notes (see e-learning web site: Moodle)
Type of Assessment
Course contents (detailed program):
- Course introduction. Base concepts for model implementation. Tomlin operators.
- Introduction to GRASS GIS software. Mapset creation.
- Model example: ecological network.
- Ecological network in GRASS GIS.
- Fuzzy set and fuzzy analysis
- Focal operator. Implementation of biodiversity map.
- Environmental suitability on GIS (part I)
- Multicriteria analysis
- Environmental suitability on GIS (part II)
- Foundamentals of remote sensing
- Environmental suitability on GIS (part III)
- Elements of remote sensing on GIS
- Elements of environmental appraisal
- Definition and quantification of Ecosystem Services. Economic quantification of biodiversity value on GIS.
- Payments for Ecosystem Services
- Social value of wildlife
- Elements of operational research and application
- New technologies for rural and wildlife planning