• Clayton R. Paul, "Introduction to Electromagnetic Compatibility", John Wiley & Sons, 1992.
The course is aimed at providing the necessary knowledge and competencies to face the problems of electromagnetic interferences (EMI) among electronic equipment.
Frontal lessons, Laboratory
Type of Assessment
oral exam aimed at veryfing the theoretical knowledges as well as the capabilities of applying them.
* Derive the shielding effectiveness formula, and its evaluation in a given case
* Derive the equivalent circuit of a real lumped component, and evaluating the behavior of a given component
* Derive the equation of mutual coupling for multiconductor lines and evaluate the coupling in a given case.
- Definitions and fundamental concepts
- Sources of EM interferences
- Non-ideal behavior of components
- Multiconductor transmission lines
- EMC in complex environment