Insegnamento mutuato da: B010536 - FONDAMENTI DI RETI DI TELECOMUNICAZIONI Corso di Laurea in INGEGNERIA ELETTRONICA E DELLE TELECOMUNICAZIONI Curricula TELECOMUNICAZIONI
English limited to specific parts of the course.
- Switching Techniques and principles;
- Priciples of TCP/IP, ISDN, ATM, SDH, IEEE 802 and SSN7 standards;
- Wireless Communication Technology and Bluetooth;
- Multiple access techniques;
- Principles and applications of Wireless Sensor and Actor networks;
- Principles of routing both in wired and wireless networks;
- Congestion control techniques;
- Fundamentals of networks security principles.
R. Fantacci, Reti di Telecomunicazioni : Fondamenti e Tecnologie Internet, Esculapio, 2014 (Italian)
B.A. Forouzan, B.A. Forouzan, F. Mosharraf " Computer Networks", Mc.Graw Hill, 2013.
J.F. Kurose, K.W. Ross, "Computer Networks and Internet", Pearson, 2013.
S. W. Tanenbaum, D.J. Wetherall "Fondamnetal of Computer Networks", Pearson, 2013.
At completing this course the student should be able to:
Understand the basic principles of switching techniques ;
Be familiar with networks as TCP/IP;,ISDN and ATM;
Understand the SSN7 and SDH principles & Standards;
Be familiar with conflict-free and random access protocols.
Understand the Wireless LANS Work and Standards
Understand the Bluetooth as principles & Standards.
Be familiar with Sensors and actor networks and applications;
Understand the basic principles of routing, congestion control and network security.
Ability to Apply Knowledge and Understanding
- Ability to classify the existing or foreseen telecommunication networks existing or in relation to specific operational requirements.
- Ability to understand the functioning of the basic devices of a network.
-Ability to define appropriate sensor networks architectures and funtionalities.
-Ability to select MAC and Network level algorithms in relation to specific application needs.
There are no formal prerequisite courses for this class. However, it is suggested to students to be familiar with the basic principles of communication system engineering. All students are expected to have a working knowledge of PC's and the Internet.
Lectures, discussion groups, tutorials, problem solving, debates, etc.
Lecture notes and PowerPoint presentations covering the course topics will be made available at the page dedicated to the course on the moodle website (CSIAF) . To login on moodle, you need to have activated your academy account.
The exams scheduling is available
at the UNIFI exams booking service.
Type of Assessment
Oral exam with specific questions with the goal to verify the acquisition of skills on:
- Telecommunication Networks Architectures;
- Wireless Networks;
- Sensor Networks;
- Elements of Modern Networking;
- Routing Algorithms;
- Congestion Avoiding techniques;
- elemets of networks chryphtography.
Introduction to Computer Networks and Internet
- The Telephone Network
- Digital Switching Networks
- Layered Architecture in Data Networks
- Circuit and Packet Switching
- Fast Racket Switching.
- Integrated Services Digital Networks.
- Signaling System SS7
- Local Area Networks
- Metropolitan Area Networks
- Wide Area Networks.
- Frame Relay, SMDS and TCP/IP Networks.
- ATM Network
- The Physical Layer: PDH, SDH
- Data Link Layer.
- Network Layer and Basic Routing Approaches.
- Wireless Communications: IEEE 802.11 and IEEE 802.16.
- Sensor Networks.
- Elements di Modern Networking:
Network Function Virtualization
- Routing and Flow control
- Communication Security