Insegnamento mutuato da: B028542 - COMPLEMENTI DI GEOTECNICA Corso di Laurea Magistrale in INGEGNERIA CIVILE Curricula STRUTTURE
Static soil foundation structure interaction; Settlements of pile foundations and piled rafts; Piles under horizontal static loading; Reinforcement of foundation systems; Ground settlement caused by excavation; Limit state method and NTC 2018 in geotechnical engineering; Embankment stability; Stress-strain behaviour and strength of cyclically loaded soils; Ground response analyses; Seismic liquefaction; Analyses of foundations, retaining walls and embankments under seismic loading.
Providing basic concepts on soil dynamics. Introducing to the main procedures for the advanced design of geotechnical works under static and dynamic conditions.
Knowledge of the fundamental principles of solid mechanics and soil mechanics. Knowledge of the main approaches in geotechnical engineering.
Theory and exercise classes. Laboratory visits.
Type of Assessment
Presentation and accompanying written report for an assigned design theme and oral test.
1. Modelling and analysis of static soil-foundation-structure interaction and negative skin friction on pile foundations;
2. Settlement analysis of pile foundations;
3. Basic principles of piled rafts;
4. Analysis of horizontally loaded pile foundations;
5. Intervention techniques on foundation systems for the reinforcement of existing buildings and the restoring of monuments with particular reference to Jet-grouting e micropiles;
6. Assessment of ground settlements caused by open-air and tunnel excavation;
7. Semi-probabilistic limit state method and aseismic Italian code (NTC 2018) in geotechnical engineering;
8. Stability analyses of the embankments;
9. Modelling and analysis of stress-strain behaviour and strength of cyclically loaded soils at low, medium and high strain levels;
10. Relevant field and laboratory testing procedures for measurement of dynamic soil properties;
11. Introduction to seismology: ground motion parameters and their measurement;
12. Ground motion amplification and local seismic response analysis methods;
13. Seismic liquefaction in saturated sandy soils and evaluation of liquefaction hazard procedures;
14. Bearing capacity of shallow foundations in seismic conditions;
15. Behaviour of retaining walls under seismic loading;
16. Stability analyses of the embankments in seismic conditions.