Insegnamento mutuato da: B019356 - AGRI-FOOD ECONOMICS Laurea Magistrale in DESIGN OF SUSTAINABLE TOURISM SYSTEMS – PROGETTAZIONE DEI SISTEMI TURISTICI
Contenuto del corso
Basic concepts of agricultural economics. Agricultural supply, food demand, market dynamics.
The evolution of agriculture: from productivism to multifunctionality and rural development.
The evolution of the Common Agricultural Policy and its consequences.
The agribusiness: inter-firms coordination, food processing and distribution
Typical products and geographical indications for food and wine.
Short food supply-chains.
Texts and other information will be available both on the course webpage
(http://www.andreamarescotti,it/Course_AFE.htm) and Moodle platform.
ACQUIRED COMPETENCIES AFTER THE COURSE:
Ability to analyse, interpretate, and describe the characteristics and the
dynamics of agri-food quality systems in the light of the evolution of
production and consumption models in developed countries.
Ability to critically analyse the effects of both public and private quality
regulation policies on firms and local production systems.
Ability to design valorisation strategies related to food tourism.
No pre-requisites. Suggested: Microeconomics (basic concepts), and any
other basic course related to Agricultural Economics.
Lectures, seminars, case-study analysis, individual exercises and team
The course will be held from February to May 2021.
More information at http://www.andreamarescotti.it/Course_AFE.htm
Modalità di verifica apprendimento
DUE TO THE HEALTH SITUATION, AND UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, FROM THE 2021 SUMMER SESSION THE EXAMINATION WILL BE HELD AS FOLLOWS:
Distance (on-line) examination via ZOOM or WEBEX platform, in two stages:
1) online written test (Moodle) with 15 questions, 13 of which are true/false (correct answer 1 point; no answer 0 points, wrong answer -0.5 points) and 2 multiple choice questions (correct answer 2 points; no answer 0 points, wrong answer -1 point), both for the attending and the non-attending programme. There are 17 points available for the written test.
2) After the written test, an oral test is held, normally on the same day as the written test. The points available for the oral test are 17.
The maximum number of points that can be obtained is therefore 34, to which are added the points obtained from any exercises carried out by the student (attending programme only).
As foreseen by the School of Economics and Management, in the case of examinations that are planned by default at a distance, there is no alternative method of carrying them out. Students who have technical difficulties in taking the exam on their own premises (equipment and/or connection and/or logistics) may report this to email@example.com, indicating the type of difficulty they encounter, and request a workstation at the Novoli Campus from which to take the exam at a distance.
IMPORTANT: IN ORDER TO TAKE THE EXAM YOU MUST BE REGISTERED ON THE MOODLE PLATFORM OF THE COURSE FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2021/21, OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE THE EXAM ONLINE.
Programma del corso
1. Characteristics and specificity of agricultural supply and food demand. The specificities of agricultural activities: production processes, characteristics and evolution of the agricultural sector, farmers' behaviour on the market. Price variability. Price and income elasticity of food demand.
2. The evolution of agricultural production and consumption model in advanced economies. The Modernisation paradigm in the agri-food system. Food processing industry and supermarket chains, and their interactions.
3. From Modernisation to rural development and multifunctionality: the new development model for agriculture. Short food supply-chains (farmers' markets, solidarity purchasing groups, community-supported agriculture, box schemes), typical products and geographical indications for food and wine products.
4. Food and tourism. Basic concepts.