The module is designed for the specific training of the future speech therapist, favors the knowledge of the main themes of psychology applied to speech therapy and the acquisition of psychological terminology.
The contents are inherent in the following cognitive processes and their disorders: attention and consciousness, memory, language, learning, perception.
Other contents will focus on communicative and relational aspects, stress and burnout in helping professions.
- Viggiano M.P., Psicologia per le moderne strutture ospedaliere, Ed. Carocci, 2015.
- Gerrig R., Zimbardo P., Anolli M., Baldi P.L., Psicologia generale, Ed. Pearson, 2018.
- slides .ppt
Learn the main theories, researches of Psychology applied to speech therapy and acquire skills in the application of psychological concepts in rehabilitation interventions aimed at patients.
Develop the ability to make connections between the contents of the module and know how to transfer the contents to the internship.
Learn and manage the language of psychology.
Face to face lessons and intermediate test.
Type of Assessment
The learning assessment procedure consists of two intermediate tests and a final exam, the sum of the marks obtained will give the final mark.
The Psychology module is best designed for the specific training of the future speech therapist and is characterized by themes, examples, cases with high empirical applicability in reference to patients and their caregivers.
The program will address the following topics:
- Introduction to psychology, its history and methods.
- The brain and behavior.
- Cognitive processes and related disorders.
- Cognitive development and some passages of infant research: John Bowlby's attachment theory, Mary Ainsworth's Strange situation.
- Communication and interaction with patients, caregivers and colleagues.
- the biomedical model and the biopsychosocial model.
- Empathy and the role of emotions in healthcare contexts: a resource or a limit?
- Problems related to stress, work-related stress and burnout in healthcare settings.