In the context of the health emergency due to the Coronavirus epidemic, the University of Florence is putting in place the necessary measures to ensure that the thesis defense sessions carried out in the extraordinary session of April and other activities related to mobility, internships and certification of language skills can be carried out in the best possible way.
Below are the main guidelines, which will be gradually updated, following ministerial prescriptions.
Guidelines for students graduating in the April session
- The graduation session will take place in remote mode only, in the manner indicated in the President’s decree n. 360/2020. Download the "Declaration of acceptance of remote examination conditions" - pdf | rtf.
- For those theses that due to the restrictive measures (for example the closure of the Architecture Rendering Laboratories) cannot be completed in time for the April session, the University is discussing arrangements with the Ministry of University and Research and with the Conference of Rectors of the Italian Universities to extend the deadlines within which to submit the presentation.
- For the graduating students of the April 2020 session - even if the restrictive measures are extended beyond 15 March - supplementary sessions of the exams will be activated, with remote modalities. Read instructions here.
- For trainees who have reached at least 60% of the scheduled hours, the experience carried out is considered valid for the acquisition of the credits required by their degree course. In the event that it has not been possible to reach 60% of the hours scheduled, the internship hours may be completed in the following ways:
- either participating in the online workshop "Training to work: building your future"
- or agreeing with the university tutor and with the company tutor a way to replace the missing hours.
- For undergraduates who have curricular internships currently suspended but essential for admission to the professional qualification exam, the University is discussing with the Ministry of University and Research in order to allow participation in the first useful certification exam session.
- Students currently abroad to carry out a Traineeship can continue the experience and continue to enjoy full insurance coverage.
- The language certification exams, aimed at achieving the training credits for admission to the April graduation sessions, will resume on as soon as possible in the manner that will subsequently be communicated online.
Guidelines for all students
- Students currently abroad to carry out a Traineeship can continue the experience, and the related insurance coverage will be extended accordingly.
- Departures for all outgoing mobility are blocked until 3 April 2020.
- The deadline for the extra-EU call is postponed to 3 April 2020 (read the decree of the President).
- The language certification exams aimed at participating in the call will resume on 16 March in the manner that will be announced shortly.
Consult all the guidelines regarding the Coronavirus emergency on the dedicated page.