The measures adopted by the University following the Coronavirus health emergency have been updated in light of the most recent Government measures. Below the details of the provisions concerning teaching and other activities, as contained in the decree of the President of the University n. 359 of 12 March 2020 (read on the Italian website)
- In-person lectures, already called off with the decree of 4 March 2020, remain suspended until further notice;
- Distance learning is delivered according to the procedure illustrated here; students with disabilities will be supported for all their personalized needs by CESPD.
- The March exam supplementary sessions, suspended with D.R. n. 338 of 4 March 2020 are reactivated only for students graduating in April 2020; they will be carried out remotely according to the procedure approved with D.R. 358 of March 12, 2020 (instructions here).
- All laboratory, field or off-site work is suspended, except for those that can be converted to remote mode.
- Internship activities are suspended. The following are excluded from suspension:
a. curricular internships in progress abroad
b. traineeships in progress abroad
c. internship of doctors in specialized training and specific training courses in general medicine
d. internships carried out by graduates of the health professions in the masters and specialization courses
- Internships of students graduating in the April session where at least 60% of the scheduled hours have been completed are considered concluded for the purpose of acquiring the necessary credits. For courses in which at least 60% of the scheduled hours has not been reached, the missing hours can be made up in the manner already illustrated (read the notice).
- All scheduled graduation sessions which will be held from today until 30/04/2020 will take place in remote mode only, in the manner indicated in the President’s decree n. 360/2020. Download the "Declaration of acceptance of remote examination conditions" - pdf | rtf
- Student office hours are carried out in e-mode according to the procedures that each member of staff will publish on their profile page.
- Front office services for students are closed to the public but accessible by phone and email at all locations (student offices, orientation, international desk, international mobility, schools and departments).
- The PF24 exams scheduled for 21, 22 and 23 March and the specialization course for educational support activities for pupils with disabilities are suspended.
- The deadline for the non-EU calls is postponed to 30 April 2020.
- Departures for all outgoing mobility are frozen until further notice.
- The libraries are closed to the public until further notice (read more on the University Library System’s website).
- Teaching staff, postdoctoral students, PhD students, scholarship holders and undergraduates can access the sites where they carry out research activities only if they cannot be postponed and pending authorization from their Department Director. It is strongly recommended to reduce attendance to a minimum and in any case to respect the security measures established by the government. Authorized individuals must carry the self-declaration to travel.
- The Boards of the Collegial Bodies, if necessary, may only be held remotely.
- Travel for all teaching staff, postdoctoral students, doctoral students, undergraduates, technical-administrative staff, research fellows is suspended.
- University staff in healthcare, including postgraduates, except for teaching and research activities, will be subject to the provisions of their Healthcare Units of affiliation.
- The public competitions follow the indications of the D.R. n. 337 of 4 March 2020 pending the approval of a regulation governing new remote methods of examination.
- The assessment procedures for public calls for fellows and scholarship holders, as well as the end-of-year tests in doctoral programmes, will be carried out remotely.
- The concierge, cleaning and surveillance services remain active.
- The following deadlines set in the 2019-20 study regulations are rescheduled as follows:
a. submission of the ISEE declaration for the calculation of university fees: from 14 April to 30 April 2020;
b. payment of the second instalment for matriculated students 2014/2015, 2015/2016, 2017/2018, 2018/2019 in the Specialization Schools of the health area: shifts from 30 April 2020 to 15 June 2020;
c. second instalment payment for students enrolled in all Degree Courses, the Specialization Schools of the Area of Archaeological Heritage, Architectural and Landscape Heritage, Historic-Artistic Heritage, Legal Professions, non-medical healthcare: shifts from 28 May 2020 to 15 June 2020.
More information on the University's measures for the Unifi community here