The course focuses on corporate strategy in order to provide a solid foundation for managerial decision making. The course covers the following topic areas: the resource allocation process in large organizations, business model and competitive advantage, organizational structure and corporate governance.
This course presents a set of theoretical as well as practical tools in order to provide a framework for developing a business plan.
1) Johnson G., Whittington R., Scholes K., Angwin D., Regnér P., Paci A. , Strategia. Orientare organizzazioni e imprese in un mondo che cambia, Pearson Italia.
2) Borsa Italiana , Guida al piano industriale, www.borsaitaliana.it.
Type of Assessment - Last names A-L
Final written exam
Course program - Last names A-L
1. Introduction to strategy
I THE STRATEGIC POSITION
2. Macro-environment analysis
3. Industry and sector analysis
4. Resources and capabilities
5. Stakeholders and governance
6. History and culture
II STRATEGIC CHOICES
7. Business strategy and models
8. Corporate strategy and diversification
9. International strategy
10. Entrepreneurship and innovation
11. Mergers, acquisitions and alliances
III STRATEGY IN ACTION
12. Evaluating strategies
13. Strategy development processes
14. Organising and strategy
15. Leadership and strategic change
16. The practice of strategy