Insegnamento mutuato da: B024343 - SICUREZZA E GESTIONE DELLE RETI Corso di Laurea Magistrale in INGEGNERIA DELLE TELECOMUNICAZIONI Curricula RETI E TECNOLOGIE INTERNET
Italian. English if the students opt for it.
The course is split in three sections.
In the first part the security basics are explained.
In the second part, advanced network security topics are shown.
The third part is dedicated to the network management techniques.
Students having the reduced course (6 CFUs) must choose which part to study between the second and the third one.
All the documents are available in the corse website (https://e-l.unifi.it).
The documents are in English only.
The course goal is to enable the student to evaluate the security of a telecommunication network. Network management principles and techniques, as well as advanced security defence systems will be analysed.
The goals can be summarized as follows:
- Knowledge of the security principles.
- System security requirement evaluation.
- To be able to analyse the cost/benefit ratio of a security system.
- Knowledge of the main cyphering schemes and their applications.
- To be able to design a security system.
- To be able to evaluate the system vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of attack mitigation techniques.
- Knowledge of firewalls and IDS operations.
- Knowledge and evaluation of the main attacks, in particular the wireless ones.
- Knowledge of the main offensive security techniques and systems.
- To be able to evaluate the network management issues.
- Knowledge of the network management protocols.
- Knowledge of the network management systems.
Telecommunication networks basics
The students of the Informatic Engineering degree have to choose one of the two modules "Security - advanced" and "Network Management".
Type of Assessment
The final exam will be oral. It will verify the following capabilities:
- To be able to analyze a system security.
- To be able to compare cyphering methods and their applications.
- To be able to evaluate and apply firewalling and IDS.
- To be able to evaluate and discover the system vulnerabilities.
- To be able to mitigate a potential or ongoing attack.
- To be able to manage a complex network system through network management techniques and principles.
- To be able to organize the wok of a network management group.