The course aims to provide a better match between theory and practice in EU Studies, in particular to strengthen knowledge about the financing opportunities of the EU at both Community and national level. It analyses the role and the situation of the regional levels in European integration process with emphasis on the EU institutions. The course focuses on EU policies for the programming period 2014-2020, but also on where/how to access funds and how to manage an Application Package.
The material of the course will be available in the online platform.
1) Understanding the strategic framework of the cohesion policy.
2) Being aware of the governance and tools used in the implementation of the Structural Funds.
3) Acquiring information and tools useful in national and EU funding applications.
Lessons, discussions, team working, exercices.
Modalità di verifica apprendimento
Final written test with multiple choices questions, open questions and exercises
Programma del corso
Module 1: Programming
- Introduction of the course
- Overview: History of the cohesion policy, Strategic framework, Policies and Governance of the Structural Funds
- Multiannual financial framework and Distribution of resources
- Common strategic framework, Thematic objectives and priorities
- Partnership Agreements and Operational Programmes
Module 2: Governance and tools
- Operational Programmes governance: who does what
- Designation of Authorities: organization and procedures
- Project Cycle Management
- Simplified cost options and financial management
- Policies and Programmes Monitoring and Evaluation
Module 3: Sinergies and future of the Cohesion Policy
- Synergies with other EU and national funds
- Access to EU financing: call for proposal and call for tender
- 2021-2017 Programming period: state of the art
- Results of the Cohesion Policy