· He was educated in Rome/>/>. In 1971 he was awarded a degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University/> of Rome/>/>.
· After serving in Italian Army he did postgraduate research at Queen Mary College of London , specializing in engine test automation.
· In 1974 he worked as research fellow at The Engine Research Institute of the Italian National Research Council.
· Assistant professor at the University/> of Rome/>/> in 1975.
· He was appointed associate professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University/> of L'Aquila/>/> in 1976.
· Associate professor of Mechanical Engineering at Florence/> University/>/> in 1977.
· In 1980 he was appointed Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Calabria/> University/>, and in 1981 at the University/> of Florence/>/> where he still teaches.
· In 1989 he was elected Chairman of the degree course in Mechanical Engineering of the University/> of Florence/>/> for a three-year term. Re-elected in 1992 for another term.
· From 1995 to 2001 Dean of Engineering at Florence/> University/>/>.
· Actually (2008) he supervises the activities of a research group (consisting of 2 full professors, 1 associated professor and 3 research fellows) in the Department of Energy Engineering of Florence University See : http://vega.de.unifi.it/CV_personali/Carnevale/Ennio.Antonio.Carnevale.htm He is also Chairman of CERTUS (Excellence Research Centre – University/> of Florence/>/>)
Professor Carnevale has worked in the following research fields :
· Optimization of energy use
· Cogeneration and Renewable Energy Sources
· Energy saving
· Energy recovery from waste
· Envioropnmental impact of energy systems
· CO2 refrigeration systems
· Advanced turbomachinery design and testing.
He is the author of some 70 papers.
Througout his university career, Professor Carnevale has always collaborated with industry on several research projects. He has also supervised a national energy research program involving University and Industry.
Musica classica. Opere.